After my last class for the day was finished I went into the class room where I usually have music.
My piano teacher had made the suggestion that I should use the grand piano when I'm practicing, since that can make quite a difference when playing hard pieces. Since I most unfortunately don't have a grand piano at home, I went into the music room and played there for over two hours. It was so peaceful and relaxing and oh, I should do this more often! It was absolutely amazing. I feel like I'm balanced out again, after the past couple of very eventful days. I'm all good now.
So now playing the piano is the one thing where I can get my mind off things, just sway up in my own imagination and dreams, as if I were in the garden of Eden or something. It's incredible how many emotions come up. This is the thing I'm good at, this is my talent, this is where I can impress.
I think it's important that everyone finds what they're good at, what their special gift is... because undoubtedly, everyone's got a talent for something. The tricky thing is just to find out what it is.
And also, it's important to know what calms you down again. If I'm confused or stressed, mad, sad or have any kind of other negative emotions, I play the piano, and the world seems a lot friendlier afterwards.

No comments:
Post a Comment