Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our Earliest Memories

Our History teacher was sick today, so while we were supposed to do some assignments she had given us, my friends and I got off topic (as always). We were speculating at what age we were consciously living, so what our very first memory was that we still can remember today.

My first one was when I was with my relatives up in the "fjällen" in Sweden, and there was this clothes basket which I sat into and expected my grandpa to swing me in it. Then my cousin came along who's one year younger than me, and saw that I was having lots of fun, so she also wanted to swing! So we did it this way that first, we would swing together in the basket, but then she'd have to step out so I could get swung alone, and then she could step in again. Poor girl didn't understand that it was unfair that I didn't allow her to swing alone! 

I've been looking and looking, but unfortunately I cannot find this one photo album where there's this one particular picture of my cousin and me in the clothes basket, but I found some other funny pictures from when I was a kid.

Me and my cousin!

Haha happy child!

 Haha! Me in the garden of my grandparents in the North of Sweden

What a lovely haircut! Haha!
This was on my birthday when I was turning... three, I think. I got that doll as a present from my grandmother, but I was so scared of her at the time because of her skin color! I had only had white dolls before so I was really confused to suddenly have a black one.
Time goes by so quickly... next month I'm already turning 17, it's insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment